Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac. With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
- The modern, single window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
- An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
- Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
- Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
- Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
- Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
- Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
- Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully customizable, dual texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
- Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create an artistic or special effect you can imagine
- Nondestructively customize the look of layers in your image using layer styles
- Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
- Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, lighten or darken precise areas, and more using a full set of retouching tools
- Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of an object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
- Pick out and edit precise parts of your images or copy objects from one image to another using a range of pixel-accurate selection tools
- Add high quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
- Create your own vector graphics using the Pen and Freeform Pen tools
- Easily design great looking text with a full set of typography tools
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
- Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
- Intelligently straighten images using horizon detection
- Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism
- Quickly make accurate selections with ease
- Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, JPG2000
- Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
- Import HEIF images
- Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
- Share your images to the Photos app, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS High Sierra. Simply put, it’s the ultimate Mac app. With a design that is totally and completely Mac, Pixelmator Pro feels instantly familiar from the moment you first launch the app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Compatibility: macOS 10.13 or later 64 bit
What’s New in Pixelmator Pro 1.1.3
Pixelmator Pro 1.1.3 adds the ability to convert selections into shapes, brings support for opening a few more exotic image formats, and includes a number of bug fixes, performance, and stability improvements.
- You can now convert selections into vector shapes.
- Added support for opening a number of more exotic image formats — EXR, PBM, ICNS, Radiance HDR, texture formats such as PVRTC, ASTC, and KTX.
- Converting speech bubbles with longer tails from shapes into pixels would clip the end of the tails. Fixed.
- When changing the size of an image, using Percent as the unit would not be remembered. Fixed.
- The New Image window would be slow to open with lots of items or a very large image in the clipboard. Fixed.
- When undoing certain actions, layer thumbnails would occasionally not be updated correctly. Fixed.
- When flattening certain effects in the Blur and Tile categories, the new image would shift slightly. Fixed.
- Pixelmator Pro was a little slow to open on Mac computers with large font libraries. Fixed.
- It was possible to select unsupported image formats with the Image fill effect even though they would not work. Fixed.
- In certain cases, temporarily switching to the Arrange tool while painting would cause the tool to get stuck. Fixed.
- RAW images will now be imported with the PPI set to 300.
- The accuracy of the White Balance, Curves, and Levels color pickers has been improved.
- In wide color images, using the Repair tool and painting on an empty layer with Sample All Layers on would paint with transparency. Fixed.
- When editing multiple Pixelmator Pro documents and choosing Show Info Bar, Show Guides, and Show Grid in one document, those options in the View menu would not update in the other documents. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly when opening certain SVG files.
- On rare occasions, painting with Pixelmator Pro for extended periods of time would cause the app to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Clicking the Show Original button when using the Color Adjustments or Effects would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to become unresponsive. Fixed.
- Painting on a layer mask with adjustments and effects applied would cause Pixelmator Pro to stop responding. Fixed.
- On rare occasions, Pixelmator Pro would stop responding while drawing or editing shapes. Fixed.
- Attempting to open unsupported Photoshop documents would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Attempting to open certain RAW files not supported by macOS would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Attempting to open PXD and PXM files with missing data would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.